This is one of our flagship projects, and one we are incredibly proud of. We’ve taken this fledgling web enterprise from start-up to a fully integrated online auction system.
The features it boasts are endless; however the main feature is its seamless integration with their legacy auction software. The software they use to manage their auctions, lots, buyers and sellers was the core of their business. However it just wasn’t and still isn’t internet enabled.
The initial brief was to produce a system that required as little user input to upload 600-1500 lots every 2 weeks. The legacy software could output CSV files, which was our stating point which meant we could move the lot data.
This proved very time consuming as the lot listings are very dynamic, and in the week leading up to an auction lots are constantly being added and new photographs taken.
We came up with a solution that allows us to directly access the internal database of lots, clients, invoices and more.
Our system now writes commissioned bids, payments, invoices and more directly into their internal auction software eliminating hours of work each day. The system automatically updates lots from the current catalogue, and manages a whole host of images for each lot, all without David Duggleby staff even pressing a button.
With the addition of live bidding our system now even controls the auction floor. You now bid live directly through their own website, without 3rd party commissions and clunky double log in routines.
Clerk screens, and auctioneers screens have live commission bid data and in-depth info on the lot being sold. It controls the multi screen slideshow that shows the current auction lot on multiple large TV screens around the auction house.
• Invoices are automatically sent the moment an auction closes – payments are received more quickly
• Invoice reminders are automatically sent – non payers pay quicker
• Automatic bid notification – users are notified by email if commissioned bids are successful or not
• Lots for me – When lots are added that match your criteria you are automatically emailed. Don’t miss a lot
• Payments taken online from the moment the auction is closed.
• Delivery charges calculated at payment, no need to contact staff to arrange delivery
• Make an offer – puts unsold lots back up for sale. One more chance to sell.
• Manages client data to ensure contact details are kept fresh
• Accepts secure payments
• Bullet proof security – the server and website has tighter protocol and cyber security that most online banking portals.
• QR code and lot label printing system
• Stock Control – tracks each lot
• Dispatch control – handles what to ship where and prints custom labels
There are other features, and by the time you’ve read this there will probably be more.
As we write this the David Duggleby System has taken just short of 4 million pounds in bids, of which £900,000 of which have been successful! And that doesn’t take into account the extra 15-20% of lots sold after the auction thanks to our make an offer system, or the man hours saved through our innovative system integration.